If you're looking for an easy to make, quick and flavorful homemade nugget recipe then this video is for you. These nuggs are crispy, tender, bursting with flavor and are guaranteed to become a family favorite.
You can make these ahead of time and freeze them. Never eat a greasy fast food nugget again!
2 lbs chicken breast or chicken tenders, cut into 1 inch cubes
4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup corn starch
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 1/2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp water Vegetable oil to cook
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, corn starch, all the spices and the baking powder. Leave aside.
2. In another large bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, water and a good splash of each of the seasonings used in the dry mix.
3. Coat the chicken pieces in the dry mix, then in the wet one and back to the dry one again. Do this to all the chicken pieces and leave aside.
4. Heat oil in a large and deep frying pan (oil should be 1.5 inches high).
5. Batch fry the nuggets ensuring that they have enough space to fully cook and stay crispy. Each batch should take at least 3 minutes and up to 5.
6. Once the nuggets are golden brown, take them out of the fryer and place them on a platter with paper towels.
7. Serve with a cold and delicious coleslaw and some home made french fries Make this for your loved ones and tag me in pictures! Bon Apetit
*For a healthier version you can bake these at 400 for around 15 minutes or until golden brown (spray them with cooking oil first)
*Freeze (at the step before frying) and store these for up to 2-3 months. Fry or bake without thawing.